QASince there is no scientific evidence for heaven, how do we know it’s real, and not just wishful thinking and human invention?
- Not everything can be proven with methods known to science today. For example, can you show someone your love with scientific evidence? Since our scientific knowledge is limited, we cannot use it as the ultimate authority.
- Is there any scientific evidence that proves the assumption that whatever cannot be proven by science does not exist? If even this assumption cannot be proven by science, why do you believe it?
- To find out whether heaven is real, we need to find out whether the Bible and Jesus are true because they both teach us about heaven. If the Bible is indeed God's word and if Jesus is indeed Lord and Savior, then heaven must be real.
- We know that Jesus Christ has risen from the dead because He answers our prayers and pours out His Holy Spirit as He has promised (Question 3.3). Since we know that Christ has risen and gone to heaven, we know that heaven is real.
- The argument that heaven does not exist because we want it so much is fallacious. If this reasoning is true, it could work the other way, too (i.e. because you don’t want heaven to exist, heaven must be real because your wishful thinking has to be false). To refute an idea, we should provide solid evidence instead of simply calling it wishful thinking.