QAWhy do you not consider the Apocrypha as part of the Scripture?
- The Pharisees and other religious authorities did not include them in the
Hebrew Old Testament canon.
- Neither the Jews, Jesus, nor any New Testament writer quoted it as the
Word of God.
- Josephus, the great Jewish historian, and Philo, the Jewish philosopher,
- The early church fathers excluded it.
- The Bible translator Jerome did not accept the books as inspired, although
the Pope forced him to include them in the Latin Vulgate Bible.
- None of the books claims divine inspiration; in fact, some actually
- Some apocryphal books contain historical, geographical and doctrinal