26: Reign with Christ and Final Judgment (Rev 20:1-15)
In the previous chapter, we saw
the war between Christ and the beast. The beast and the false prophet were
captured and cast into the lake of fire, and the beasts’ followers were killed
with the sword. In this chapter, we read of the binding and release of Satan as
well as the reign of believers with Christ. Like the beast and false prophet,
Satan will also be cast into the lake of fire after a futile attempt to make
war with God’s people. Then the dead are judged, and anyone not found written
in the Book of Life is also cast into the lake of fire. This final judgment
marks the end of world history and the beginning of a new heaven and new earth.
“Blessed and holy is he who has
part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but
they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand
Did You Know…?
1. Common interpretations of the millennium: 1) Premillenialists believe that Christ will come before the
millennium begins to reign in the world with His saints. 2) Postmillenialists
believe that we are now in the millennium, and that Christ will come at the end
of the millennium. 3) Amillenialists believe that
there is no literal reign for a thousand years, and that the millennium is a
spiritual reign at the present time.
2. Gog and Magog
(20:8): “Names of a ruler, Gog, and his land, Magog, in the Bible. Gog is the
leader, in Ezekiel 38 and 39, of an invading army from ‘the uttermost parts of
the north’ who will attack Israel
‘in the latter years.’” 7/1056
1a. Who bound the dragon and why was he
1b. What does the binding of the dragon
1c. What does this passage tell us about
the nature and extent of Satan’s power?
2a. What is the function of the thrones
2b. Who will reign with Christ?
3. How is the binding of Satan connected to believers’ reign
4. What is the first resurrection? Is it a physical or
spiritual resurrection? Support your answer.
5. What is the second death? What does it mean that the second
death has no power over those who have part in the first resurrection?
6. How will the believers reign with Christ during the thousand
7. When will the binding of Satan and the thousand-year reign
7a. During Jesus’ earthly ministry? The establishment of the true
church in the last days? After Christ’s victorious battle in 19:11-21?
7b. Before or after the tribulation
8a. Why do you think God released Satan?
8b. What will the nations of the earth
9. What is the camp of the saints and the beloved city?
10. What will happen to the devil and his armies?
11. What kinds of spiritual battles are you going through today?
12. What does it mean that the earth and the heaven fled away from
13a. Who will be judged at the final
13b. On what basis will Christ judge the
13c. If we are saved by grace through faith,
why is the judgment also based on a person’s works?
14. What does the casting of Death and Hades into the lake of fire
15. On what basis will believers be spared at the judgment and
escape from the lake of fire?
16. How does your study of the reign with Christ and final
judgment affect your own life?