QACan you give me biblical proof for the need to be baptized?
Baptism is not invented by man. It is an act of God that He commands us to receive. Jesus promises that “he who believes and is baptized will be saved” (Mk 16:16).
“And now what are you waiting for?” Ananias, a follower of Christ, asked Saul. “Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on His name” (Acts 22:16).
The Bible tells us why we need baptism:
- To be cleansed (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16)
- To be saved (Mk 16:16; 1 Pet 3:21)
- To enter God’s kingdom (Jn 3:5)
- To receive a new life (Rom 6:4)
- To put on Christ (Gal 3:27)