Baptism is not invented by man. It is an act of God that He commands us to receive. Jesus promises that â€œhe who believes and is baptized will be savedâ€ (Mk 16:16).
â€œAnd now what are you waiting for?â€ Ananias, a follower of Christ, asked Saul. â€œGet up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on His nameâ€ (Acts 22:16).
The Bible tells us why we need baptism:
- To be cleansed (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16)
- To be saved (Mk 16:16; 1 Pet 3:21)
- To enter Godâ€™s kingdom (Jn 3:5)
- To receive a new life (Rom 6:4)
- To put on Christ (Gal 3:27)