Home   e-Library       中文 
e-Library Home |  Browse By Category |  Study the Bible    
 (Manna 28)
Healed From A Malignant Brain Tumour
TOC | Previous | Next

Healed From A Malignant Brain Tumour!

Sister from FuzhouChina

I was raised in a Christian family from the True Jesus Church. Presently 1 am 21 years old and live in a provincial town of Fuzhou, China.

My sickness began in January 1996 with headaches which I mistook for symptoms of flu. However, as the pain became more acute, I went for a CT scan at the local CityHospital on 22 April. The results revealed a 2x 2.5cm tumour. On 29 April, I was admitted to the General Hospital of the Nanjing Military Sector in Fuzhou for a I .5T Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which showed a 4 x 2.5cm tumour located at the central part of the brain. It was at the terminal stage of malignancy, and surgery was not possible. The only alternative was laser therapy, but the high cost (tens of thousands Renminbi) and the possible side effects, which included brain damage, deterred us from continuing the treatment after two futile sessions.

My condition worsened by the day. The increased swelling of the tumour pressed against some nerves, causing me to lapse into periods of unconsciousness. During the first half of May, these occurred once or twice a day, each time lasting for about 30 minutes. On 20 and 21 May, the frequency increased to more than ten times. On 22 May, I was unconscious most of the day. During the brief periods of consciousness, I was gripped by such excruciating pain that I kept screaming and wishing that I could just hack my head off and die. To relieve my agony, the doctors had operated twice on me (5 and 9 May) to drain out the fluid which had accumulated in my brain. What came out was bloody and purulent, filling a few small containers. The best doctors in that hospital could do nothing to cure me. I was contemplating a transfer to another hospital but a doctorate holder and authority in the specialist field of brain tumours told me that I was suffering from the worst of three incurable pathological conditions in medical science. Moreover, the tumour was so precariously positioned that no medical technology in the world could help. Even if! were to transfer to another hospital for surgery, at best I would end up a living vegetable. “If this hospital cannot do anything,” he said, “it will be worse elsewhere.” So I decided to go home and rely totally on the Lord. When we came to a dead end, God began His work.

On 23 May, I returned home. The doctors feared that the tedious journey might put me in danger. They specially arranged for oxygen tanks to be taken along. Also, my family prepared for the worst. However, under God’s protection and care, during the journey, I experienced none of the half-hourly bouts of pain leading to unconsciousness. I felt very little pain. My family realized that there was no cure the medical science could offer me; only by relying totally on God Almighty could we have a ray of hope. The entire family fasted and prayed. At the same time, incessant prayers were offered by many churches for me. Many brethren came to visit and prayed with me for the mercy of God.

On 24 May, at midnight, I felt someone telling me I had only four days to live, and I became frantic. This was the devil’s work. On 25 May (Sabbath day), many believers were praying for me at noon when the devil appeared. He announced that he had come from Xiamen to disturb me because I had given him an opportunity through my love of the world and my weak faith. After much earnest prayer, we drove Satan away and I felt much relieved. At 2:00pm the same day, we started praying earnestly again, and I was filled with the Holy Spirit and said, “The Lord will operate on me.” At that moment I felt the tissue around the tumour being removed.

The next day, 26 May, at about 7:30 pm, the grace of the Lord came upon me. Everyone in the house had gone to church except my mother and I was lying in bed praying, when suddenly, a shock wave ran through my head, leaving it numbed, as if an electric current had run through it. I thought it was another seizure, and that the Lord was taking me home. So I shouted, “M-o-m, pray! Quick!” Suddenly I felt something which reminded me of being given anaesthesia. At this thought, my entire body became anaesthetised, from head to toe. Only my mouth could manage some hymns. Half an hour later, I was filled with the Spirit in prayer, and felt a force opening up my clasped hands and placing a soft round object in my palm. After that, I clasped my hands tighter, but the force opened up my hands again. This happened a total of four times. On the last time, I even tossed the object in my hand lightly a few times. Great comfort and joy swept over me.

It was past 8:00 pm, and I was still praying as the people returned from church. As they were about 50 metres away from my house, they heard the sound of many people praying in my room. My relatives thought that something untoward had happened to me. They rushed in but were amazed to see only my mother and me. Actually, a host of angels had been praying for me, and operating on me. They even placed the excised tumour in my palm to make this experience more vivid. On 28 May, I could sit up by myself on the bed (hitherto I had to be supported by others) and even get down to walk. Deep in my heart I knew that the Lord had sent His angels to perform surgery on me. Oh what joy I felt! I laughed and sang loudly, praising Jesus for His glorious work on me. It was then that my mother discovered a surgical scar on the right side of my skull, shaped like an olive. This was the exact position the doctors had intended to make the surgical incision. The angelic surgeons had left this mark on me as a testimony for the Lord. Before my sickness I had a full head of beautiful hair. At FuzhouHospital, I was totally shaven. Now that my hair has started to grow, it contrasts with the whitish scar on my head, attesting to the greatness of God’s grace.

I can now eat and drink normally, and attend Sabbath services. Not only can I walk normally, I can even stand for an hour to testify in church. This is how the Lord personally healed me of a brain tumour. I will lift up my voice to praise Jesus, for only He is my greatest trust, and only He is able to heal me.

O Lord, You are the Almighty and Sovereign. I will follow You and bear witness for You all the days of my life. To You I pledge my faithful service and resolution to proclaim Your gospel. May all glory be given to God in heaven. Hallelujah, Amen!

PDF Download