QAWhen will the world come to an end?
The Lord Jesus said, “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only” (Mt 24:36). No one can know the exact day of the Lord’s coming. But we can know the time is at hand by observing the signs and events the Bible foretells:
- Immorality is prevalent. People sin without guilt or conscience (2 Tim 3:1-5; Rev 9:20-21)
- Knowledge is increasing (Dan 12:4).
- Nations dissolve and war with one another (Mt 24:7; Rev 6:3-4).
- Famine, pestilence, and earthquakes increase (Rev 6:7-8; Lk 21:11; Isa 24:17-20).
- The Holy Spirit is poured out and the spiritual Israel, the Church, restored (Joel 2:28-32; Ezek 36:24-27; Isa 2:1-3; Ezek 31:21-11).
- False religions abound and false prophets arise (Rev 9:18-20; Mt 24:4-5, 11, 23-24; Rev 13:11-13).
- The Antichrist arises (Rev 13:1-7; Dan 11:36-37; 2 Thess 2:3-10).
- The Gospel of the Kingdom is preached all over the earth (Mt 24:14; Rev 10-11; Rev 11:3-7).
- The church will be greatly persecuted (Mt 24:10; Rev 6:9-11; Rev 20:7-10).