- Jesus told people to repent (Mk 1:15), and so does the Holy Spirit, convicting people of sin (Jn 16:8).
- Jesus told us the truth (Jn 8:45â€“46). The Holy Spirit guides us to understand the truth (Jn 16:13).
- Jesus gives life to those who obeyed him (Jn 10:10). The Holy Spirit also gives life to those who repent and believe in Jesus (Acts 11:18), that they may live by the Spirit (Gal 5:25).
- Jesus said, â€œI am the door; if any one enters by me, he will be savedâ€ (Jn 10:9). We enter the gate by the Holy Spirit (Gal 3:3). The Bible says no one can honestly say â€œJesus is Lordâ€ except by the movement of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 12:3).
- Jesus gives us the right to become children of God when we believe, calling God our Father (Jn 1:12; 20:17). Likewise, the Holy Spirit allows us to be Godâ€™s children, calling out â€œAbba! Father!â€ (Gal 4:6; Rom 8:14, 16).
- Jesus revealed Godâ€™s love (Jn 3:16; Rom 5:8). The Holy Spirit pours out Godâ€™s love upon us (Rom 5:5).
- Jesus intercedes, on our behalf, in Godâ€™s presence (1 Jn 2:1; Heb 7:25). Similarly, the Holy Spirit is called our Advocate and Counselor, interceding on our behalf (Jn 14:16; Rom 8:26â€“27).
- When Jesus was on earth, he sent his disciples out to preach (Mt 10:5). The Holy Spirit also sends the disciples out to do Godâ€™s work (Acts 13:2, 4).